Consultancy - Guidance and Capacity Building
Consultancy Terms of Reference
Guidance and Capacity Building: Linking Humanitarian Cash & Voucher Assistance with Child Sensitive Social Protection.
Save the Children is a rights-based organization, which delivers both humanitarian and development programming including influencing and supporting duty-bearers such as governments to ensure children’s rights are upheld and needs are met. Save the Children has been a pioneer and lead organisation in emergency cash-based programmes and has been influencing changes in government social protection programmes and systems for many years.
Being a leading global actor that works across the traditional “humanitarian-development” divide (“Nexus”), Save the Children is seeking to improve the coherence and build synergies between Humanitarian Cash and Voucher Assistance (HCVA) and Child Sensitive Social Protection (CSSP) work.
In 2021, Save the Children established a Task Team which conducted a literature review and drafted a toolkit aimed at providing programmatic guidance on “Linking Humanitarian CVA with Child Sensitive Social Protection”.
Provide programmatic guidance and develop the capacities of Save the Children’s Global, Regional and Country Offices, as well as its partners, on “Linking Humanitarian CVA with Child Sensitive Social Protection”.
The target audience for this work includes but is not limited to CVA and CSSP technical experts across humanitarian and development, as well as Collaborative Cash Delivery Network (CCD) members and local organizations who express interest in this initiative.
- Demonstrable understanding of Humanitarian CVA and Social protection.
- Demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and/or evaluating programmes linking Humanitarian CVA with Social Protection
- At least 5 years of field experience managing and/or providing technical advisory in Humanitarian CVA and/or Social Protection (preferably in Fragile context and/or protracted crisis).
- Demonstrable experience in collaborating with Regional and Country Offices and multiple stakeholders.
- Previous experience in developing institutional guidance and/or toolkits
- Previous experience in developing and conducting distance learning trainings
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Submissions and Evaluation of Proposals
Proposals should be received no later than 21st August 2022.
The body of the proposal should include technical and financial proposals, including:
- Cover letter explaining how the organization / individual consultant matches the required competencies and the expected work
- Profile of the organization or latest curriculum vitae of the consultant plus any supporting team members
- The methodology proposed for implementing the work in relation to the expected outputs and deliverable
- Tentative work plan and timeline
- Financial proposal
The consultant should clearly indicate his/her previous experiences relevant to undertake the Consultancy Service and indicate at least three (3) recent references of related work. The Financial Proposal should include the total financial requirement in US dollars, indicating daily rates and a breakdown of costs for each output to be accomplished.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 4 Aug 2022
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022 - 22:59 GMT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time