Global Specialist - Ending Child Marriage
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as – Global Specialist - Ending Child Marriage in Ethiopia or Sierra Leone -Save the Children office location.
This is a new role within Save the Children to provide technical leadership and coordination to the growing Ending Child Marriage (ECM) portfolio. The role will provide leadership and support for the global Ending Child Marriage Technical Working Group (50%) and national efforts on ending and addressing child marriage in Ethiopia or Sierra Leone (50%).
Child marriage prevention and response work is co-led by Gender Equality and Child Protection thematic areas; this role is intended to work across themes, as well as programming and advocacy work, to deliver on our organisational objectives.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience building and managing processes and projects in complex organisational contexts, ideally with an international scope, from vision setting to work-planning to delivery.
- At least 5 years’ experience (including field experience) providing technical leadership for the design and implementation of humanitarian and development programmes focused on advancing gender equality, including specific work on ending child marriage.
- Strong understanding of gender equality principles and practices, the gender equality sector, policy priorities and key gender inequalities impacting children, including as related specifically to ending child marriage.
- Ability to foster collaboration across teams, balancing the needs of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Significant experience in providing training, capacity building and/or mentoring to promote gender equality and tackle all forms of gender based violence, including child marriage - and a demonstrated ability to make complex concepts compelling and accessible.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to intersectional gender and power analysis, and to the design, piloting, implementation and evaluation of innovative technical tools and resources to advance gender equality and prevent and respond to gender based violence, including child marriage
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for transforming the root causes of harmful gender norms promoting gender equality and for and with children.
- Highly organised, with a results orientation and strong attention to detail.
- An ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Proactive and collaborative approach, able to work independently whilst part of a team.
- Experience of successfully operating in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Track record in successful business development/fundraising, designing and pitching gender transformative approaches, models and programs, ideally including those focused on ending child marriage.
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English; skills in other languages (particularly those of focus countries) would be an advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children's mission, vision and values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 3 Jun 2021
Closing date: 26 Jun 2021 - 22:59 GMT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time